Are you planning to build your PC then you must know about the importance of choosing best thermal paste? A good thermal paste or thermal grease had a good texture and applied between the CPU and cooler. So, if you are assembling PC first time or an experienced person, we have listed down ten thermal paste comparison that works for every purpose.
- Thermal Paste Comparison
- Best CPU and GPU Thermal Paste
- 1) Arctic Silver 5 AS5 Thermal Paste
- 2) ARCTIC MX-4 Thermal Compound Paste
- 3) StarTech Metal Oxide Thermal CPU Paste
- 4) Noctua NT-H1 Thermal Compound
- 5) Gelid Solutions GC-Extreme TC-GC-03-A Thermal Compound
- 6) Cooler Master High-Performance HTK-002-U1 Thermal Paste
- 7) IC Diamond 24 Carat Thermal Compound
- 8) CoolerMaster RG-ICFN-200G-B1 Accessory IceFusion
- 9) Prolimatech Pk-3 Nano Aluminum Thermal Compound
- 10) Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut Thermal Grease Paste
Thermal Paste Comparison
|Thermal conductance( W/mK)|
|Arctic Silver 5|
Best CPU and GPU Thermal Paste
1) Arctic Silver 5 AS5 Thermal Paste
The Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Paste is voted as the best thermal paste by customers. This coolant enhances the CPU performance and gives long-term stability to the CPU. Arctic Silver 5 contains pure silver particles that instantly sticks and works efficiently on high power computers.
Pros of Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound
- The thermal paste containing 99.9% pure micronized silver.
- This coolant is a non-electrically conductive
- Doesn’t have a runny consistency which makes it easy to apply or remove.
- The thermal conductance: >350 000W/m2 degrees C (0.001-inch layer)
Cons of Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound
- If not applied with concentration, it will stick to anything and everywhere.
- The thermal paste review to have a really bad smell.
2) ARCTIC MX-4 Thermal Compound Paste
This is the best thermal compound for CPUs available online for some reasons. ARCTIC MX-4 carbon-based thermal compound is easy to dispense and apply because of the syringe shape tube packaging. Just pump out the right amount of quantity on the chip, and it did in no time. You can easily mount the cooler immediately after the application of paste.
Pros of ARCTIC MX-4 Thermal Compound Paste:
- Maintains a proper temperature in the PC.
- Best thermal compound for CPU and GPU which is inexpensive, easily available and comes in a syringe shape tube.
Cons of ARCTIC MX-4 Thermal Compound Paste:
- The performance of the carbon base thermal compound paste may waver at peak temperature.
3) StarTech Metal Oxide Thermal CPU Paste
StarTechMetal Oxide Thermal CPU Paste is formulated with 20% metal oxide compounds, 30% Carbon Compounds and 50% silicone compounds that efficiently cools down the CPU. As it contains the high-quality metallic solution, the dissipation of heat generated by the CPU, so the machine performs better in comparison to thermal grease.
Pros of StarTechMetal Oxide Thermal CPU Paste:
- Available in easy to apply syringe tube.
- One tube will last long if used with precession.
- Works efficiently in cooling down the CPU.
- If over applies, it might cause electrical shorts.
Cons of StarTechMetal Oxide Thermal CPU Paste:
- The runny consistency that will spread everywhere even at a place where not needed.
4) Noctua NT-H1 Thermal Compound
Noctua’s NT-H1 is a best CPU thermal paste containing a particular hybrid compound of different micro-particles, that have been specifically optimized to balance out PC environments. The thermal hybrid compound is easy to apply and works as a coolant giving long term stability to the PC.
Pros of Noctua NT-H1 Thermal Compound:
- Best CPU thermal paste with a direct thermal conductivity and non-electrically conductive
- Budget friendly price in comparison to other products.
- Right amount packed in the sturdy tube.
- This thermal paste has a shelf life of three years.
Cons of Noctua NT-H1 Thermal Compound:
- The goo is hard to spread as the consistency is thick
- Noctua NT-H1 is not very readily available.
5) Gelid Solutions GC-Extreme TC-GC-03-A Thermal Compound
The thermal paste comparison won’t be completed if Gelid Solutions GC-Extreme Thermal Compound is not included in the list. Available in the syringe form, this is a Non-Corrosive, Non-Curing & Non-Toxic thermal compound is easy to apply in CPUs, GPUs, and other chips, doesn’t need curing time and comes at pocket-friendly price
Pros of Gelid Solutions GC-Extreme Thermal Compound:
- High-performance thermal paste comparison to other brands.
- Easy installation with a spreader that comes with the package.
- Need only pea size drop, and doesn’t require curing time.
- Available at very low price.
Cons of Gelid Solutions GC-Extreme Thermal Compound:
- The availability of Gelid Solutions GC-Extreme is very limited.
6) Cooler Master High-Performance HTK-002-U1 Thermal Paste
CoolerMaster is a popular brand giving out fantastic coolers, PC chassis, and power supplies has come up with a good thermal paste that will fall in your budget. Cooler Master High-Performance Thermal Paste is filled with heat conductive metal oxide that promotes high-temperature stability, thermal conductivity, and low bleed.
Pros of Cooler Master High-Performance Thermal Paste:
- Easy to apply on the surface and works effectively.
- Comes in the syringe-style tube that dispenses only necessary amount.
Cons of Cooler Master High-Performance Thermal Paste:
- Good thermal paste but the consistency is a bit runny.
7) IC Diamond 24 Carat Thermal Compound
IC Diamond 24 Carat comes in the list while having thermal paste review. The brand claims to have 94% of diamond particles in it. When it comes to having a good thermal conductivity, diamonds have proven to work five times more efficiently compared to silver. The IC Diamond 24 Carat Thermal Compound has a thermal conductivity of 2,000-2,500 W/mK, is non-capacitive electrically and non-conductive.
Pros of IC Diamond 24 Carat Thermal Compound:
- Contains 92% of real diamond particles.
- Keeps the temperature to 5-8c Degrees which is most efficient so far.
- The thermal paste is non-capacitive electrically and non-conductive.
Cons of IC Diamond 24 Carat Thermal Compound:
- The paste dries too fast, so you need to quick in the application.
- It needs to be changed every month.
- IC Diamond 24 Carat Thermal is the bit on the pricey level.
- Bit think and doesn’t apply uniformly.
8) CoolerMaster RG-ICFN-200G-B1 Accessory IceFusion
With superior thermally conductive non-curing compound, IceFusion is a must product to be included in thermal paste comparison. CoolerMaster Accessory IceFusion is an excellent coolant designed for CPUs. It reduces the heat and maintains a stable temperature even when the CPU is used at max level.
Pros of CoolerMaster Accessory IceFusion:
- CoolerMaster IceFusion is available in 200 gm. Tub which is a lot of quantity.
- The packaging of the tub is made to prevent the paste from drying.
- Provides best thermal stability even at high temperature.
- High thermal conductivity, Low thermal resistance and Non-corrosive.
Cons of CoolerMaster Accessory IceFusion:
- Does not come with special applicator
9) Prolimatech Pk-3 Nano Aluminum Thermal Compound
The Prolimatech PK-3 Nano Aluminum Thermal Compound promises to offer you best CPU thermal paste to prevent overheating of the computer. The package comes with a 1.5 grams easy-to-apply syringe which reduce the wastage and gives precise application.
Pros of Prolimatech Pk-3 Nano Aluminum Thermal Compound:
- Easy to apply and easy to remove.
- Can be directly used on CPUs/GPU surface
- Effective in reducing the CPUs temperature
- Fantastic thermal transfer in comparison to any other thermal grease.
- Doesn’t need curing time.
Cons of Prolimatech Pk-3 Nano Aluminum Thermal Compound:
- The price can be an issue for some people. There are many cheaper versions available in the market.
10) Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut Thermal Grease Paste
Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut is a high-efficiency thermal grease paste comes in an easy-to-apply syringe in a quantity of 1.0g. This product efficiently works on cooling the CPU and gives 73 W/mK and thermal resistance of 0.0021 K/W.
Pros of Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut Thermal Grease Paste:
- Just a pea amount needed to work efficiently.
- The tube contains Changeable applicator nozzle.
- Decently priced.
Cons of Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut Thermal Grease Paste:
- The product is not readily available at the moment as the company is new in the market which we hope will improve gradually.
- Retail availability isn’t great at the moment, but it is improving
What is The Best Thermal Paste?
With so many thermal paste products in the market, choosing the one product can be tough. As per the needs and comfortability, pick the thermal compound that is easy to apply. Don’t pick up a product that’s hard to apply or need quick application. The next thing is to check the cooling system of a computer. If you own a high-end cooler, use a thermal paste which reduced the heat to the maximum level. CPU thermal paste is a cheap product, but the pricing range is between 10-15$. Always pick the best thermal paste that works in an efficient manner for your computer and don’t cost much.
Choosing the best thermal compound for CPU is vital as the gray/silver compound keep the processor cooler. But, one need to be the pro at application on the top of the processor as you don’t want to damage other parts. In this article, we made thermal paste comparison and tried to give the most honest thermal paste review.