Computers have become a way of life. They are pivotal in our professional and personal lives. From gaming to surfing to logging reports and everything in between, we use computers. One of the best options at the moment is the i7 6700K. It is a beast!
Now that you have bought it, there are steps you need to take to ensure that your machine performs well at all times, including when you overclock it.
This is where the CPU cooler comes into the picture. A cooler, as its name gives away, will keep the temperature down and ensure that your machine does not succumb to overheating.
How does a CPU cooler work?
This is a question we often get. And we have finally got around to answering it. CPU coolers basically work by reducing the heat when you overclock your machine. So, it keeps the temperature under control, ensuring that the overclocking does not have any negative effects. If you frequently overclock your computer, you need the best CPU cooler for 6700K.
Along with this, there are a few significant benefits that you can enjoy once you install a CPU cooler. They are:
- Ensuring that the CPU works without making strange noises during overclocking
- Keeping the system stable
- Improving the performance of the machine
- Enabling your computer to last longer without problems
How can you buy the best CPU cooler for 6700K?
There are a few factors to consider here. They are as follows:
- The size: The cooler should fit the CPU without problems. So, you should always check the recommended size and buy accordingly. If you go overboard, it may not fit.
- The fans: Different coolers have a different number of fans. A few give you the option to add fans if needed. Get a cooler that suits your usage, but remember that more the fans, more the noise!
- The noise: Fans will make noise. There’s no way around it. Your job is to check coolers that make the least amount of noise.
- The budget: Set a budget range and check for products available within it. There are multiple options, which means you are sure to find something in your budget range. You just have to look!
Best CPU cooler for 6700K
Now, let’s review some of the popular coolers out there and find out which one wins the battle!
1. Be Quiet! BK021 – CPU Cooler
This is an impressive CPU cooler that is aesthetic and functional at the same time. It stands out in that it offers noiseless operation even when it is running at high speeds! Below are a few more interesting details:
- It has a 135mm PWM fan that is virtually noiseless. Even at maximum speed, it achieves only 21.4 dB.
- The cooler has 6 copper heat pipes that promise high performance.
- Its cooling fins are wave-contoured.
- It is optimized for excellent airflow.
- You can mount it from above based on your convenience. It comes with an installation kit to make the process easier.
- If you need another fan, you can add a 120mm fan as well. The additional clips are included.
- Extremely good cooling
- Nearly inaudible
- 3-year warranty
2. Noctua Premium CPU Cooler
Users are more than happy with this amazing CPU cooler because it is of high quality and is made to perform its best even during continuous operation. Here are a few more features:
- It comes with 2 fans and 6 heat pipes.
- The fans measure 140mm each and come with PWM support. They also have low-noise adapters that promise ultra-quiet operation.
- The cooler is very easy to install.
- The heat sink is dual-tower.
- It is a great choice for high-end RAMs.
- 6-year warranty
- Among the quietest coolers in the market
- Very high quality fans
- Large fan design
3. MZXT Kraken – CPU Liquid Cooler
The MZXT Kraken is a pleasing cooler unit with LED lights and advanced control. The liquid cooler has software to customize the operation based on usage. If you find this interesting, read on to know more:
- It has an infinity mirror design and a fully dynamic lighting system.
- The software, which requires Windows 10, enables you to monitor the liquid temperature and the pump speed.
- The fan noise level is between 21 and 38 dB.
- The cooler has Aer P radiator fans that measure 120mm.
- It is also known to be durable and very easy to install.
- Smart controls
- Incredible lights
- Software is not very user-friendly
4. Cooler Master – Hyper 212 Evo
The Cooler Master CPU cooler is quite incredible, which is why it is hard to ignore. It has a heat base along with 4 cooler pipes and a number of other features that we shall discuss now:
- The maximum noise level it reaches is 36 dB.
- The airflow is 82.9 CFM.
- The 4 heat pipes together work like a chamber and efficiently dissipate the heat.
- It is AM4 compatible.
- It works to offer an excellent balance between high and low speed operation.
- The heat pipes work with CDC technology, promising balanced heat conduction.
- Optimized airflow
- Wide-range fan
- Mounting is a little complicated
5. Corsair Hydro Series
Corsair is also one of the more popular CPU coolers on the market. The Hydro Series in particular is known for its excellent operations. We have enlisted the main reasons why you should buy it:
- It has dynamic LED lighting. You can adjust this lighting with the help of the Corsair iCue software.
- It promises an airflow of 75 CFM.
- The maximum noise level it reaches is 37 dB.
- The software also enables you to adjust the coolant temperature and to monitor the CPU.
- It has a special zero RPM mode that eliminates fan noise completely.
- Fans have magnetic levitation
- Fan noise is minimal
- Software function is quite complex
By now, we are positive that are in a much better place to choose and buy the right CPU cooler for 6700K. If you have any doubts, you know what to do – talk to us!
Meta description: Looking for the best cooler for 6700K? Unable to find one that suits your overclocking needs? Click here to end the search and find the best!