CPU coolers are essential if you tend to overclock your system. They help with the performance and ensure that your PC (literally) doesn’t take the heat of overuse. And, we all know what overheating can do to a system – it will take up more power, and its lifespan will significantly go down.
Also, PCs that are cool last longer and perform better. They are also considerably faster. Thus, we recommend that you get a CPU cooler if you do not use your system as much as gamers and programmers do.
Best CPU Cooler Under $50
You may think that this is an added expense that can burn your pocket. While there are higher end coolers that could do that, you don’t have to worry because you can get some of the best CPU coolers under 50 as well. Don’t believe us? Here’s a list!
1) Cooler Master Hyper RR-T4-18PK-R1 CPU Cooler
Among the most popular CPU coolers on Amazon, the Cooler Master Hyper is a steal! It is easily affordable and gets the job done seamlessly. It is a 120 mm wide range PWM fan with a range of features, which we have explored below:
- It comes with 4 contact pipes so that the contact with the CPU is hassle-free.
- You can tune the RPM based on your preference and requirement from quiet operation to maximum airflow.
- You can install it quite easily thanks to the snap-on fan brackets. Cleaning and replacing the fan are also just as easy.
- It supports an array of Intel sockets, making it very versatile.
- The PWM fan has red LEDs and balances the airflow and static pressure.
- It gives you the option for an additional 120 mm fan to cool quickly and optimally when needed.
- It comes with thermal paste tube. Be careful while installing so that you don’t leave air bubbles in the paste.
- A few users have expressed concerns about its weight. They say it is quite bulky.
2) Cryorig H7 Tower Cooler for AMD/Intel CPU
Another user’s favorite, the Cryorig H7 budget CPU cooler has 3 heat pipes made purely out of copper. It also has a proprietary Hive Fin system, which showers on it a wide range of advantages such as air turbulence reduction, heat dissipation area, airflow optimization, and structural support.
We dug deeper to give you some of its best features:
- It has a trademarked Jet Fin Acceleration System.
- It has a trademarked Quad Air Inlet for better air intake.
- It comes with the thermal compound, so you don’t have bought it separately.
- It has good noise ratio, ensuring that it doesn’t disturb your work. You may hear it, but it is not invasive.
- You may need to spend some time on mounting and installation, carefully going through the instructions because many users have complained that they faced issues in this aspect.
- It comes with an X-bar to make installation easy for you.
- The company provides a maximum of 6 year warranty.
3) Arctic Freezer 12 92 mm PWM Fan
This is a semi-passive cooler, which works quite seamlessly. It starts only when it gets the PWM signal with 40% pulse width, saving a lot of energy and lasting much longer than its counterparts. It is also one of the most affordable $50 CPU coolers on the market today.
Here are a few of its features:
- The fan is very quiet, and many people buy it solely for this feature.
- It comes with pre-applied thermal paste.
- The installation may be a little difficult, but it is a one-time process. On the plus side, you don’t have to worry about mainboard removal during installation. Also, there are installation videos that will make things easier for you.
- While it does not cover the CPU completely, the cooling performance is pretty good.
- It comes with a 6-year warranty.
4) Thermaltake Contac Silent 12
This is an intel universal budget CPU cooler that is AM4 ready. This means that you don’t need brackets for installation. It has universal compatibility with Intel/AMD CPU socket.
Let’s go through a few features:
- It comes with 4 copper heat-pipes for direct and easy installation.
- It supports < 150W Intel CPUs.
- It has superior airflow fan blade design for the best cooling performance. It also enables the passage of more air through the heatsink.
- It comes with fan clips that ensure that the cooler and the fan combine securely.
- The brand says it provides non-interference cooling, solving co-existing problems.
- It has a forty fan blade design that offers superior cooling performance.
5) Cooler Master Hyper 92
Another great product from Cooler Master, the Hyper 92 has dual 92 mm offset push and pull fans. It also has a superior accelerated cooling system.
Here’s a peek at some of its features:
- It comes with 4 direct contact heat pipes.
- The 9 cm fan generates a larger volume of airflow.
- It comes with a universal mounting bracket that supports AMD and Intel sockets. Installation is quite simple.
- It has a tight profile that ensures better motherboard and RAM compatibility.
- It is a mid-tower cooler.
- It provides accelerated thermal distribution through its High-Density Fin Structure.
- The brand also provides a tube of thermal paste.
There! We hope we made choosing the best budget CPU cooler under 50 easy for you. As always, if you have any other products in mind or would like to share concerns, please feel free to comment!